This Android tutorial will present you precisely how to install Android apps on your Android Mobile devices. As mention in the Android Development Tutorial home that android applications are packed into an .apk (Android Package) the Android Package files (APK).
How to install Android Package files (APK) to your Android Mobile Device? We will describe here numerous options and we make it easy to follow, step-by-step guidance is presented.
There are numerous options to set up applications on your Android mobile device:
- Install Android Apps via Online Android Market
- Using Android SDK on Android Device
- Using 3rd party software
Installing Android Apps via Online Android Market tutorial
- Start the Market app by sliding up your app menu and clicking on the icon labeled ‘Market’.
- See navigation bar, select :
- Apps for the full list of apps available
- Games for All Game available
- Downloads for a running list of every app you have installed
- You will presented with another 3 navigation links , select :
a. Top Paid for the best rating / download of paid Android Apps or Games
b. Top Free for the best rating / download of free Android Apps or Games
c. Just In for recently added
- Click on the result and press on the Install button
- If you prompted the warning , read it and press OK to proceed if you agree
- If you select OK in previous step, you should receive a message and after its finished you should get another message stating whether it’s been successfully/unsuccessfully installed.
- There is several method you can now start the app.
- By clicking the same result in the Market that you previously clicked install—this time you’ll see two options ‘Open’ and ‘Uninstall’. Click ‘Open’.
- By going to the main screen of the Android Market and clicking on ‘Downloads’, find the app you installed and click ‘Open’.
- By scrolling through your apps menu (located at the bottom of your home screen with an arrow icon) and selecting the app you installed. Note: items installed from the Market automatically create a shortcut in your app menu.
Now you have successfully installed new Android app to your android device through Online Android Market. There are many alternative method of installing Android applications to your android device. You can select the best of method for you.
For the better experience , you might interested to install android SDK and develop your own application for your android device.